Everything you need to know about...
*COME VISIT US AT OUR NEW LOCATION.*
751 Center Dr., Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670 - 573-883-7200
- Q: What kind of payment do you accept? A: We accept cash and credit/debit cards (there is a 5% surcharge for using a card). We do NOT accept checks.
- Q: What kind of donations do you take? A: All Kinds!! Everything from clothing/shoes/accessories to household items & furniture! Please, feel free to call the store for specifications or any questions. As always donations are subject to manager's approval, space, and condition. Items other than clothing, shoes, belts, & purses, must be in new/like new condition. See below questions for more info about recycling material.
- Q: Do you take Furniture? A: Yes, we do! (couches, chairs, tables, dressers, end tables, bed frames, lamps, desks, entertainment centers, mattresses, etc.) All furniture must be in full working order and in "gently used" condition - NO stains NO rips, NO tears and we will inspect/test for bed bugs before accepting it.
- Q: Do you take Exercise/Sports Equipment? A: Yes, we do, all kinds including, treadmills, ellipticals, weights, balls, bats, gloves, helmets, bikes, roller blades/skates, golf clubs, cleats, shin guards, etc. as long as they are in full working order and "gently used" condition. However, for safety reasons, we can only take newer exercise and sports equipment (less than 5 years old).
- Q: Do you take appliances? A: Yes, we do, all kinds, (toasters, microwaves, blenders, coffee pots, George Foreman Grills, etc. even larger appliances i.e. fridges, stoves, washers/dryers) as long as they are in full working order.
- Q: Do you take electronics? A: Yes, we do as long as they are in full working order. We also only accept newer electronics (no typewriters, fax machines, scanners, film cameras, or video cameras). We do accept tube style T.V.’s as long as they have their remote. We also accept DVDs, VHS tapes(not homemade ones), cassettes tapes (not homemade ones), CDs (not homemade ones), CD players, radios, VHS players, DVD players, printers, computers, cell phones & their accessories, MP3 players/IPods & their accessories, computer games, gaming systems & their accessories, etc.
- Q: Do you take knickknacks/collectables? A: Yes we do but since these items are non-recyclable they must be in perfect condition, no discoloration/stains, chips or cracks.
- Q: Do you take dishes/glass wear? A: Yes we do but since these items are mostly non-recyclable they must be in perfect condition, no discoloration/stains, chips or cracks. We also do not sell dishes that aren't a set or souvenir dishes.
- Q: Do you accept children's items? A: Yes! All kinds! Baby/kids stuff is one of our most needed items! Everything from clothing/accessories (socks, bibs, blankets, hats, shoes, pack-n-plays, cribs, car seats*, breast-pumps, bottles, diapers) to toys/games (stuffed animals, high chairs, strollers, bouncers, play-mats) *must be newer than 5 years by law.
- Q: Do you take books? A: Yes! Children's, adult, non-fiction, fiction, romance, you name it! However, we do NOT take magazines, newspapers, textbooks or encyclopedias.
- Q: Do you take Formal Dresses/Attire? A: Yes, we do! We take wedding dresses, prom/homecoming dresses, bridesmaid dresses, first communion dresses, suits, tuxes, heels, clutches, etc.
- Q: Do you take Undergarments? A: Yes, we do! Everything we can't use we can recycle so nothing goes to waste, we just ask that if they're not in "like new" condition that you bag them separately and write "recycle" on the bag.
- Q: Do you take Medical Equipment? A: Yes, we can take most items: Crutches, walkers, bed-side commodes, wheelchairs, boots, braces, adult diapers/bed pads, etc.
- Q: Do you take Luggage/backpacks? A: Yes, we do but since these are non-recyclable items we ask that they be in like new condition.
- Q: Do you accept Jewelry? A: Yes, we love jewelry!
- Q: Do you take items that are not in season? A: We can, but due to limited space we REALLY prefer that you wait until closer to the correct season. i.e. Christmas trees and winter clothing in October not June.
- Q: Do you take/need hangers? A: No, we do not but you can try your local recycling center.
- Q: Do the items need to washed before they are donated? A: No, but they do need to be clean, no pet hair, dust mud, or yard sale stickers.
- Q: Do you pick up/deliver items? A: No, unfortunately for liability reasons we do not.
- Q: If I buy a piece of furniture, is there someone there to help me load it? A: There may be, but don't count on it. Please bring your own help in these cases.
- Q: If I have a couch to donate, is there someone there that can help me move it? A: There may be, but don't count on it. Please bring your own help in these cases.
- Q: "We're having a yard sale, will you take the leftovers?" A: Yes, we can but there are certain items we cannot take (see questions above), clothing must be in bags, items in boxes and due to space we might not be able to take all of it, please call ahead to the store @ 883-7200 to confirm. Please take off all any/all yard sale stickers. We also ask that when donating items that you be considerate when donating items that you don't want, please ask yourself if anyone else would.
- Q: We're cleaning out my mom's house, what we don't want it,will you take it? A: We can take just about everything (see above questions for details) but we do ask that you be considerate when donating items that you don't want, please ask yourself "if I don't want it, would anybody else?" We can take all the clothing: belts, shoes, purses, material, etc. because we can recycle it so nothing goes to waste! We just ask that you place all the clothing in bags(no hangers) and write "recycle" on it.
- Q: "I heard you take old shoes, mismatched socks, work clothes, event t-shirts etc. to recycle, is that true?" A: Yes it is! We ask though that if you are bringing recycle items in that you bag them separately and write "recycle" on the bag.
- Q: What do you do with the items you don’t need/use? A: We take all the clothing, shoes, belts, and purses that we can’t use to a place in St. Louis called “Remains” who recycles it and pays us per the pound so nothing goes to waste! With items/stuff such as plastics we are able to recycle it to the local recycle center. However most items/stuff are "non-recyclable" so we have to throw it away. For this reason we ask that you are courteous with what items you are donating.
- Q: Can you take quilting scraps? A: No, unfortunately we can no longer take quilting scraps, the company we use to recycle material no longer accepts them.
- Q: When do you accept donations? A: We usually say up to a half hour before close (M-S 9am-5pm). We also ask that for LARGE amounts of donations that you call ahead due to limited space and Staff. *PLEASE, DO NOT LEAVE DONATIONS OUTSIDE*
- Q: Do You have an after hours drop box? A: No, we do not. *PLEASE, DO NOT LEAVE DONATIONS OUTSIDE*
- Q: Do you prefer donations is boxes or bags? A: We actually ask that you place all clothing in bags (no hangers) and items in boxes.
- Q: I've got all of my stuff in totes, can you switch containers so I can have them back? A: Yes, we can, but due to the amount of donations we get in and to make it easier on our volunteers, we prefer donations to be dropped off as is.
- Q: Where do we go to donate items? A: Simply pull around to our back parking lot at the store, walk in through the BLUE walk door, and follow the blue arrows (on the floor) inside! *PLEASE, DO NOT LEAVE DONATIONS OUTSIDE*
- Q: What is the limit on items donated? A: In order to be fair and ensure everyone has a chance to donate, we can accept a maximum of ONE truckload per person.
- Q: Where does the Money Go? A: All Proceeds from Labouré Exchange directly benefit Vincentian Marian Youth-SEMO, a non-profit Catholic Outreach for teens in the surrounding areas. Explore our website to learn more!
- Q: Where are you located? A: Directly on Highway 32 in Ste. Genevieve, MO. We are located between the car wash and the hospital in town.
- Q: Are tax receipts available/How do I get one? A: Simply ask an employee/volunteer for one when you donate your items! To assess a value for your donated items, it is advised that you follow our pricing guidelines; see pictures below for list of prices.